Saturday, November 21, 2015

Because whatever like I'm chill you know

Agreed to meet up with "the dude who once broke into my house" today. The following excerpt illustrates very neatly one of the many reasons why it never would have worked out between us, before he ever sat outside my door for a half hour incessantly calling and knocking.
 
Me:  You were such an A**hole to her.

Him:  But I was never an a**hole to YOU.

This is a problem. 

You have to be kind.

You don't get to decide some people are worth kindness and others aren't.   just. be kind.  It doesn't make you a good person because you're nice to your friends (or to women you want to sleep with).  Everybody does that.

Because I do not allow mean people in my life

(edited from using stronger language, I know some of y'all are not about that life, I got you, see those asterisks?)


Anyways it was a terrible conversation and eventually I just said  "You know what, I'm going to the bathroom I hope you're gone when I get back."


BAM.  I do have nice dramatic exit lines with him.  Four years later I still got it.

People are asking me why I would even consider meeting up with him and my answer to that is as follows: because I knew it would be interesting.  And it was.  It did get old pretty fast though.  He's an arrogant pile that is convinced he thinks deeper than everyone around him, so nothing has really changed.  Makes me appreciate the man I'm with even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment